Add a gradient background to a 3D view in Revit
Autodesk Revit or Revit is a BIM modeling software for the architects, structural engineers, MEP engineers, designers and contractors that are developed by Autodesk.
It helps designers or users to design a building and structure and its ingredients in 3D, comment the model with 2D drafting elements and access the building information from the BIM model’s database. Revit is mainly a 4D BIM capable that has tools for planning and tracking the different stages in the building lifecycle.
In Revit to add a background gradient color to a 3D view is possible now. This gradient will be a blend of the Horizon color and the color of sky or ground.
The work can be configured by following the following steps:
1) At first, open the 3D view from the Project Browser.
2) Then click on the View tab, choose Graphics panel from the Graphic display option. This can be also done from the Keyboard shortcut-GD.
3) Next in the Background option select the Gradient Background.
4) Now select the desired colors for the horizon, sky and ground.
5) Then a Graphic Display Options Dialog box will appear, click the OK option.
6) Different view can be added to the sheets.
• The background changes can be saved as a view template.
• If the view can is exported to a 3D DWF file, the gradient background will not include as a part of the export.
• In a print 3D view with a gradient background, the print will be done by using raster processing. And printing the view will be done by using vector processing and for this the gradient background must be turned off.
For more information please follow www.graitec.co.uk
Image Courtesy: graitec.co.uk