The Axioms of BIM
The Axioms/fundamental of BIM: Sometimes BIM processes and procedures can be complicated and some of the standards are being pushed. It would be simple if there was a way to cut through the guff for having a simple set of principles that could be applied in the problematic situation of BIM. Axioms is normally basic which is easy to apply.
Definition of BIM: It is a generic term for them which involves software that can directly work on data with geometric information. The term is used for describing the thing or the process that is Building Information Modeling and Management. Normally it is applied to buildings or facilities, but it can be applied to infrastructure and GIS also.
The Axioms: The essential Axioms can be used to apply to BIM topics and issues.
1. BIM can be used by anyone for anything: BIM is not only limited in design or construction or operation groups. It is not only for analyzing designs, detecting cash etc. The data in this model is agnostic, it doesn’t care about the user or purpose it can be used for education, information creating VR etc. Also there is no theoretical limitation about the data type.
2. The BIM which do directly benefits: BIM software is used for improving the efficiency and quality of any work for which the user is responsible. In case of not responsible enough users can apply Axiom- 1 for any kind of work. This Axiom is not for any personal gain but an important aspect for BIM. Architectures should not use BIM in the structural analysis. Design professionals and the contractors might not be responsible to provide data. Contractors should be responsible for the data extraction from the design consultants’ data; FM consultants should be responsible for the extraction of the data from contractor’s data etc.
3. BIM replaces or enhances something already has done: BIM is something that can be done for managing all kinds of works that can be done with less efficient and less accurate methods. It is not a tool that can be used for own method... it is a kind of management, it is used for any measurable purpose otherwise it is a waste of time.
4. BIM is not possible without the BIM capable software: It is software that can store minimum and manipulate geometric information and associates data to the geometry. It is process to manage BIM capable software that involves only managing the output and exchange of the software. BIM management ignorant of software issues is nothing more than management by the wishful thinking. In case of BIM the impact of the software being used should be considered.
5. BIM works best with Collaboration: BIM best works in the situation where the user combine it with collaboration but it can be also used without any collaboration. The architects can do BIM benefiting from it by being more efficient and accurate without any collaboration. Collaboration is a secondary consideration. All the works that are done has some benefits and required thing always be done previously.
For more information please follow the link practicalbim.blogspot.in