Revit 2018 – New Reinforced Concrete features
In this article the new features of Revit are explained. Also there is some information about Revit that will help to understand their work properly. The features and work of Autodesk and Revit are discussed here.
This article also states about the improvements of the new features, it will help the users to create models easily, there are use of curves and straight lines that will give the designs a new look. Here is the following link for observing the diagrams: revitstructureblog.wordpress.com.
Autodesk Revit is building information modeling software for architects, structural engineers, MEP engineers, designers and contractors developed by Autodesk. It allows users to design a building and structure and its components in 3D, annotate the model with 2D drafting elements, and access building information from the building model’s database.
Revit can be used as a very powerful collaboration tool between different disciplines in the building design sphere. The different disciplines that use Revit approach the program from unique perspectives. The Revit work environment allows users to manipulate whole buildings or assemblies or individual 3D shapes. An experienced user can create realistic and accurate families ranging from furniture to lighting fixtures, as well as import existing models from other programs.
• In each release of Revit it is seen that a continuous trickle is there in new features and improvements to the Reinforced Concrete Modeling and detailing capabilities. Most of them are already firmly established and now Autodsek moves on to the reinforcement of complex concrete forms and cross platform workflows.
• It is previously stated Autodesk have some stiff competition and are quickly closing the gaps. There is also an expected delivery of a BIM project which is a complete 3D model and it may longer be appropriate to issue flat 2D drawings and a bending schedule. Some new tools are very useful in Civil Projects as Tunnels, Bridges and roadside structures.
• The new features are tested and at first the main function of the reinforcement of complex concrete features are shown. The new functions are very useful and save a lot of time. It need extra control over double curves and twists and likely have to use something like Dynamo to place ‘real’ reinforcement in a logical way.
• Another refurbished tool is the Rebar graphical constrains. This tool enables reinforcement bar to be constrained in 3D views as well as the traditional 2D views. The user can selected the rebar plane or the end points of the bar and then constrained to a relevant plane on the host element.
• The reinforcement bar also has Bar Handles that allows the physical leg lengths to be dynamically edited. It is easy now to directly import a 3D solid from another CAD application and host reinforcement directly into the elements.
• The 3D ramp has been modeled in AutoCAD and then directly imported and reinforced within Revit. In conclusion Autodesk continue to strengthen the Revit application and make the legacy 2D detailing a think of past.
Article Source: revitstructureblog.wordpress.com