- Poured Foundation
- Structural Steel and Precast
- Glass and Glazing
- Other Foundation
- Drywall and Insulation
- Painting and Wall Covering
- Flooring Contractors
- Tile and Terrazzo
- Finish Carpentry
- Other Building Finishing
- Site Preparation
- All Other Specialty Trade
Central heating equipment and piping installation
One of the key requirements of any home is to have an efficient heating system. If there is a gas supply available to the premises then this will probably the most efficient running cost.
Lets first talk through some of the key components of a heating system before we get in to too much detail. Boiler
First the heart of the system is the boiler. There are various types of boilers and some of the main types are indicated below;
Conventional flue boiler is where the flue is connected to a chimney and discharged usually at roof level. The boiler takes its combustion air from the room so it is important that there is a permanent opening to the out environment (there are special regulations dictating the area of the openings).
Room sealed boilers are ventilated by ducting fresh air direct from outside to the boiler combustion chamber which is sealed from the room. This sort of boiler is best suited in a kitchen where there are kitchen extract fans operating and there is no risk of sucking in fumes through the flue.
Other types of boiler can be provided in the form of back boilers an situated in a fireplace in the lounge. The boiler unit is ventilated using a conventional flue arrangement. The boiler heats water for the heating and hot water use. In the front of the boiler a separate gas fire is provided which heats the room.
One of the latest types of boilers having a high efficiency is a condensing boiler. With this type of boiler additional heat is extracted from the warm flue gases which condense to a vapour. Efficiencies can be up to 20% greater than with other type of boilers. The down side on these boilers is that they are more expensive and often there is a plume of steam discharging at the flue terminal.
- Air system balancing and testing
- Air vent installation
- Air-conditioning system installation
- Bathroom, sanitary ware installation
- Blower, fan, cooling, dry heating,
- Boiler chipping, cleaning and scaling
- Boiler, heating,installation
- Central air-conditioning equipment
- Central cooling equipment, piping
- Central heating equipment
- Chilled water system installation
- Chimney liner installation
- Commercial freezer installation
- Commercial refrigeration system
- Cooling tower installation
- Drain, waste and vent system
- Drinking fountain installation
- Dry heating equipment installation
All contents of this page are taken from http://www.deals4homes.co.uk/diyprojects/centralheating.htm