- Poured Foundation
- Structural Steel and Precast
- Glass and Glazing
- Other Foundation
- Drywall and Insulation
- Painting and Wall Covering
- Flooring Contractors
- Tile and Terrazzo
- Finish Carpentry
- Other Building Finishing
- Site Preparation
- All Other Specialty Trade
About Vinyl siding, soffit and fascia, installation
Vinyl siding is a flexible material used for exterior wall-covering. Its wide range of characteristics includes good durability, light weight and minimal maintenance. It is available in a variety of profiles, colours and surface textures.
Evaluations to Codes and Standards
Vinyl siding listed with CCMC conforms to the National Building Code of Canada (NBC) 1995, Subsection 9.27.13., and to the requirements of CAN/CGSB-41.24-95.
Actual test results are not published for each product, but all products listed herein have met the requirements listed in Table 1 “Performance Requirements.”
Usage and Limitations
Vinyl siding is not permitted as an exterior wallcovering where a building is required to be of noncombustible construction or its exterior cladding is required to be noncombustible.
Vinyl siding shall be attached as required for metal siding by Subsection 9.27.5. of the NBC 1995.
Fasteners for siding shall be corrosion-resistant, compatible with the siding material, and positioned so as to permit expansion and contraction due to temperature changes.
- Aluminum siding installation
- Downspout, gutter guard installation
- Eavestrough installation
- Fascia and soffit installation
- Flashing contractors
- Gutter and downspout contractors
- Gutters, seamless roof,formed installed
- Ice apron, roof,installation
- Metal siding installation
- Siding (e.g., vinyl,) installation
- Vinyl siding, soffit, fascia installation
- Wood siding, installation
All contents of this page are taken from http://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/ccmc/registry/pdf/07%2046%2033.01_e.pdf