- Poured Foundation
- Structural Steel and Precast
- Glass and Glazing
- Other Foundation
- Drywall and Insulation
- Painting and Wall Covering
- Flooring Contractors
- Tile and Terrazzo
- Finish Carpentry
- Other Building Finishing
- Site Preparation
- All Other Specialty Trade
About Wood siding, installation
Most people arenít aware of the fact that the siding on their house is meant to protect the felt underneath from the elements. The real water proofing of a home happens at the felt level, both on the roof, and on the exterior walls. There are three basic types of wood siding, each with their own set of rules, shake/shingle, board and batten and horizontal beveled siding. Each one requires its own unique installation process.
- Begin at the bottom and work your way up to install shingle/shake siding. Staple a sheet of siding felt as low as possible on the home. Then, one by one, attach the shake shingles, fat end down across the bottom row, using the siding nails to secure the shingle to the house. Make sure to drive the nails into the top half of the shingles.
- Attach felt to the next level of wall, being sure to overlap the previously installed shakes by about 1/3 of the height of the shakes. Start the next row by covering about half of the row below with the overlapping shingle and fasten them to the wall in the same manner.
- Repeat Step 2 until you get to the top of the wall. At the top, either utilize a 1-inch by 8-inch board to crest the newly installed siding, or else cut the thin edge of the siding off at a point that the siding shingle has been lopped horizontally in half. Add the final row and top it off with a ľ-inch board. To keep rows straight, use a chalk line for each level.
- Aluminum siding installation
- Downspout, gutter guard installation
- Eavestrough installation
- Fascia and soffit installation
- Flashing contractors
- Gutter and downspout contractors
- Gutters, seamless roof,formed installed
- Ice apron, roof,installation
- Metal siding installation
- Siding (e.g., vinyl,) installation
- Vinyl siding, soffit, fascia installation
- Wood siding, installation
All contents of this page are taken from http://www.ehow.com/how_4457206_install-wood-siding.html